We are passionate about promoting sport and healthy lifestyles at Colby School and the PE and Sport Grant has enabled us to continue to develop our provision. We have developed staff expertise, provided numerous opportunities for gifted and talented children, promoted sport for all children, increased extra-curricular activities and developed links with community sport groups. We were proud to achieve the Sainsbury’s School Games Gold Award in 2014 – 2015 and have continued to maintain this standard ever since.
The impact of the PE and Sport Grant expenditure includes:
· confident, experienced and expert teaching.
· small group sizes for PE and Sport lessons due to additional fully qualified staff.
· regular opportunities for children to enjoy competitive sport.
· frequent opportunities for children to enjoy sport for all.
· pupil leadership events for our children to share their expertise with other schools.
· a full range of PE equipment, including go-karts, to encourage all children to exercise for fun.
· a happy and healthy school with children and staff who love exercise!
Our School Council completed a PE and Sport Grant expenditure audit during Summer Term 2022 and canvassed opinion about the effectiveness of our spending. Their findings showed that children love sport at Colby School and are keen to do even more! We plan to further develop our outdoor adventurous activities during breaktimes and lunchtimes in 2022 - 2023.
We will continue to sustain the improvements to PE and Sport at Colby School in the future by embedding a strong ethos of valuing the promotion of sport and healthy lifestyles. We will ensure professional development is a regular part of our School Improvement and Development Plan. If PE and Sport Premium funding is reduced we will continue to maintain training through in house sessions and actively seeking free training opportunities from outside sport clubs – for example, Rugby training from the North Walsham Rugby Club.